Friday, November 13, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
1.This picture taken by Richard Avedon, is a interesting picture.
2. The movement in the picture keeps your eyes moving around and not just on one area.
3. Also, the fact that it was taken in black and white and the wardrobe that is worn in this picture helps show around what time period this was taken.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
I think that this picture shows a lot of emotion. First, looking at the mother on the bed, it looks like she has a lot of pain or she has struggle. It somewhat looks like her little boy is the only thing thats keeping her from breaking down completely and keeping her going. I like the choice of black and white and how it focuses on only the mother and the son.
Annie Leibovitz catches so much emotion in her pictures such as this one with Miley Cyrus. She is a noted American portrait photographer. This picture shows a side of a young girl letting down her guard into becoming a woman. It portrays a lot of emotion from the facial expressions to the lighting and color scheme.
1. This photo portrays a very common family of the late 1930's. During this time familys were struggling to get by, often living in close quarters.
2. It makes you feel sorry yet reminds you to not take for granted your nice life.
3. There is a nice contrast of texture, light and shaddow throughout the image.